“We are grateful and pleased with the excellent support staff and feel comfortable that he is happy, secure and content”
Do you want to develop friendships and be supported to be a part of your community?
Centacare’s centre-based weekend and school holiday short-term stays can provide you with the opportunity to meet new people, increase your independent living skills and participate in your choice of community and recreational activities.
Program activities include:
- Independent Living Skills – eg: cooking, personal care and household tasks
- Recreational- eg: playgrounds, walking trails, music, dancing, picnics, art and craft
- Community access- eg: library, community and cultural events, museums ,markets
- Social Skill development – eg: connecting with community, develop further communication skills, initiate and maintain positive peer relations
Be a part of Centacare’s ‘holiday-like’ program at either Auricht House in Elizabeth or Kolbe Cottage in Plympton.
- Auricht House offers weekend centre-based overnight stays and day respite for youth and adults.
- Kolbe Cottage offers overnight stays and day respite on weekends and during school holidays for children.
Participants are supported to engage in a range of group-based social and recreational activities and community outings. A semi-structured program is designed to meet individuals goals in a fun and relaxed holiday-like environment. Our short-term stays and respite services provide opportunities to enjoy positive experiences while developing social skills and independence.
One-to-one support is available to clients who require additional support, please contact us for further details.