The best thing is “Having regular support on a more long term basis; having someone to teach me life skills and mentor me.”
Centacare’s specialist coaching model has been designed specifically for mental health consumers.
Our recovery approach shows that we believe you can achieve what you want to achieve, and our support and peer coaches will work with you to help you reach your goals.
We draw on your resourcefulness and strength to develop the skills you need to be more successful and independent.
Programs are offered one to one or in a group. Our programs can include:
- Nutrition- shopping for and preparing healthy food
- Personal hygiene – Presentation and personal grooming
- Physical wellbeing – exercise and relaxation
- Money handling
- Bill paying
- Job readiness – resume and interview preparation
- Household tasks
- Public transport training
- Communication and social skills
- Working with the public trustee
- Time management
- Managing medications and medical appointments
- Sleeping well
- Problem solving